Dec. 15, 2022: The Southasia Peace Action Network and the Sapan News Network syndicated features service are looking for a signature music piece to use in our media and communication. This includes podcasts, interviews, slideshow videos, event openings, etc.
This is a call for musicians in Southasia who believe in using music as a tool for peacemaking, to come forward and share their imagination for our signature music piece. A jury of eminent music connoisseurs/ activists will judge the entries “blind”.
The top five entries will get a cash prize each and the winning entry will receive a further honorarium to produce the final composition.
- Compositions must be original. Each piece should be up to 3 minutes long, designed in a way that smaller cuts sound complete in themselves, so it can fulfill multiple use cases.
- The cut should include a version as small as 6 seconds to use with the brand logo
- The piece should have a Southasian soundscape. We encourage the use of traditional instruments like Bass Flute, Sitar, Sarangi, Rubab etc. While we prefer original sound, digital / synthesised sounds are also acceptable.
- Upload your music piece online – at YouTube or your preferred platform as a private link with your concept in the description.
- Share the link to the piece with us via email to: email@example.com, Email subject line: Music composition.
- The winning music piece will be exclusively used for Sapan and the composer may not use it further for other projects, in part or whole.
- The winning composer will receive due credit for the music in all our communication.
- The composer will be required to submit a full mixed and mastered in .wav format, along with all individual stems used in the music piece.
- The winner will be required to sign a statement attesting that the music piece is fully original and that no part is plagiarised from any existing source.
NOTE: Each composer may submit up to three entries.
This is to confirm that I, (full name) ____________________, have composed the music piece sent with this email. I attest that no part of the music score is plagiarised from any existing source.
Line 2 (0ptional) ____________________
Phone number with country code: ___________________
Please send entries along with the above attestation to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight India time, 31 January 2023 (extended from original)
Subject line: Music composition
LikeLiked by 1 person